It was about 3/4 henna (the lowest dye content on the hennaforhair site) and 1/4 cassia, mixed with half lemon juice and half water.

I only left it on for about an hour and a half... I had some regular red dye left on most of my hair and didn't want it to go crazy. It blended in my roots VERY nicely (roots were an ashy strawberry blond, the rest was a medium auburn that had faded a little), and stayed within a fairly believable color

ETA: If you're thinking about henna-ing, I'd definitely order some smaller samples of the henna and cassia and do several strand tests (grab shed hairs from your brush or shower ). I think I had 4 (2 with the 1/2 and 1/2, left on for 2 hours and 4 hours, and 2 with 3/4 and 1/2, left on for 2 hours and 4 hours). It gives you a good idea of where to start, without risking turning into Ronald McDonald (that was my biggest fear too)
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Last edited by MimsTX; 12-03-2008 at 12:05 PM.