The site also gives tips on total amount of product needed for different lengths of hair. I found that Catherine's recommendation was too much for mine, maybe because it's layered quite a bit - blunt-cut hair of the same length would probably take a lot more. I just froze the remainder and have been reusing it for root touchups (I have to add fresh indigo each time as it loses it dye when you freeze it). I also add a little amla to be sure I don't lose my curl.

1:1:1 ratio of henna/cassia/indigo blends my old caramel highlights, 20% or so grey, and new growth (med/dark chestnut) into a nice med/dark chestnut brown. The greys look like coppery highlights. My only complaint is that, try as I might, my hair just will not hold the indigo. It rapidly fades no matter what I do (and I've tried every tip I could find in the forums at www.hennaforhair.com ), so I've been having to do an indigo gloss every week to week and half to keep it the color I like.

My hair's a lot healthier, shinier, thicker (it was thinning) since I started - sorry no pics. I've gotta get a digicam.

If you're unsure, I'd definitely recommend just going there and lurking around for a while like we do here until you feel comfortable enough to take the plunge.

There's a free e-book that you can order on CD that I found very helpful. It came within just a couple of days.

Wherever you get it, definitely stick with body art grade henna! FYI, I add cassia to my mix to tone down the red somewhat.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett