b) WHY, oh WHY, would I, or anyone else for that matter, want to vote for someone who believes that "we should not prejudge Osama bin Laden" , a.k.a. Howard Dean?
Originally Posted by lemondaisy
''As a president, I would have to defend the process of the rule of law. But as an American, I want to make sure he gets the death penalty he deserves,'' Dean told The Associated Press in a phone interview."

--Dean
Originally Posted by pongwench
Thank you for proving my point, pongwench. Why should we follow "the process of the rule of law" for a criminal who masterminded the murder of 3,000 americans, who is not even a U.S. citizen? Anyone who could even think such a thing is not presidential material in my mind. But, as a republican, I do hope he gets the nomination, and that he keeps saying things like that.
Originally Posted by lemondaisy
Because some of us love this country as a place in which every accused criminal gets due process of the law. Because some of us wish to keep this a place in which the accused are fairly tried for their crimes, rather than jailed and held with no charges pressed, or convicted without the right to defend themselves. Some of us see the scary way in which our country has gone due to the patriot act and understand the Constitution and the way the country works well enough to find it scary that we are holding people without trial, without formal charges pressed, and not allowing those individuals to seek legal counsel or contact the outside world.

If you wish to live under the kind of government you propose above-may I suggest Cuba? There are Cuban members of this board who would love to be there if it were not for the government, but your statement, lemondaisy, suggests you would like the governmnent as it is.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!