View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
xcptnl

Thumbs up Fairy Tales Curly Q Natural Curl Maker Gel

I was in a local mall yesterday and they have a new hair product store. Funny part - I saw it from the hallway and I tell SO - that store is HUGE. I get all excited but he wants a beer and a snack so we have to go into the 99 Rest. first!! We finally get in there and he laughs and says I was fooled by the mirrors - it was not as large as it seemed - they had mirrors on the walls! Oh well. They had a very good selection of products - they carried Deva for one thing. I cannot recall the name of the store - but long story short they also carried Fairy Tales hair products. It is marketed for kids but I picked up the Natural Curl Maker gel which says it is for 'kids of all ages'. I really like it. I used it this morning over KBB milk with very good results. It has a decent hold - I probably used a nickel sized amount for my whole head...I could have used a bit more on the back of my head - that is always the spot I miss because I apply most of my product upside down. I diffused after scrunching with my curlease towel and even now, late afternoon, I have defined, frizz free curls. There was some crunch but to be honest I scrunched out before I was totally dry because I was headed out. It was reasonable - $9.50 I think for 8 oz. I was a bit concerned about the oils in this product but I did not notice any issues with them - no weighed down curls or stringy curls. Also, this smells like curl junkie hibiscus & banana deep fix moisturizing conditioner - not sure why but it does.

I know curlmart carries these products - here are the ingredients from curlmart:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Steareth-10 Allyl Ether/Acrylates Copolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Potassium Sorbate, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Diaxolidinyl Urea

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Last edited by xcptnl; 12-29-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: title correciton
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote