Thread: Hair 911!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
SunshineGrrl

Ohmigosh...I almost died laughing at the "more cones than a Dairy Queen" comment. That is one I'll have to keep in my arsenal. Have you tried just using a shampoo to bounce your hair back? I can't do strict CG and have to use either a low-poo or shampoo every 2-3 days.

As for suggestions. I really liked the L'Oreal Studio curl cream (not sure if it's still available and has dimethicone) followed by L'Oreal Studio Weather or Not Hair Glue. It's really a gel and completely cone free. It's great for curl defining following by a hard hold gel. Just make sure and scrunch out the crunch well.

You could also try Garnier Fructis Curl Cream (I think it's still available, has a cone if it is) followed by Garnier Fructis Bold It! Gel. The gel is also hard holding.

For less hold, Herbal Essences Gels and Mousses are popular. LaBella Lots of Curls has received a lot of hype on here, but it has lots of glycerin and I hated it.

I guess it all depends on what you want, but those are my suggestions.
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
SunshineGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote