I am mixed too and have been gettin relaxers for years. Since going natural I have noticed a difference in texture also...I think I assumed that the way my hair would curl while I had a relaxer in...(when I chose not to blow dry)...was the actual way my hair was supposed to look, tight little ringlets..but I am noticing that the texture in the part of my hair where the relaxer has grown out..is actually a little looser. I do remember seeing pictures of when I was little before I ever relaxed and my curls were softer..looser...I don't mind, I can't wait till all the relaxer is gone to see what it really looks like. Is that really possible? Why would the curls in my hair where the relaxer still is be tighter than the curls in the natural part?? You guys would probably know!!

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.