View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #25
MimsTX

Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurleeEdna View Post
OK... just hoping to get someone's attention.

Though I've been here for many months now, I actually re-read the no-poo sticky because someone on another thread had mentioned that going CG meant no shampoo at all.

From my understanding, it's because of the surfectants in the shampoos. Does that include non-sulfate shampoos?

I'm currently using an organic, non-sulfate shampoo because though my 3C curls are dry, my scalp is oily. (I have a bad case of dandruff or "chronic seborrheic dermatitis" as my dermatologist called it.) This shampoo has helped my scalp, and I feel that my hair is still quite healthy.

So... is this CG? Is it modified CG? Am I going against the CG bible and thus deemed a curly heretic?
It depends on the ingredients, really. A shampoo without 'sulfates' but with other detergents would be considered a "low poo" and you'd be modified CG. I'm GUESSING that's where your product falls, but it's hard to say for certain without knowing the ingredients.

That being said, if you find something that works for you, go with it. Don't worry about the labels
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote