I'd say she definitely uses a curling iron.

Depending on what products I'm using, my hair's mood, and my time, after I've scrunched well to otherwise get the curls started, I can get some of that effect by gently, loosely wrapping individual locks around my finger and releasing them without disturbing them, especially around the front and top, hanging upside down, before I start diffusing.

In other words, if the moon, stars and planets are all aligned just right, I might get some really good curls like that - sometimes . And all of this is after applying my product(s) immediately out of the shower on sopping wet hair then blotting with a Curlease, flour sack towel, or T-shirt.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Last edited by auntnett; 01-16-2009 at 02:16 PM.