Thread: bouncier curls
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
goldilocks036

Alright I'll introduce myself now that I'm not falling asleep :P I know there's a section for this but I figure not many people check that section.

I have 3a curls at the moment. I used to have tight springy curls at the ends with almost straight hair farther up. I don't even know how to explain my hair just before that, because I had no idea how to handle curly hair, so I'm pretty sure I ended up brushing it in the morning when it was dry :/

Anyway, now my hair is naturally almost straight in the bottom "nape" area, mostly 2b and frizzy in the very top layer (the layer always exposed), and some 2b and some 3a throughout the rest of my hair.

I got a perm a few weeks ago because I missed my old curls that I just didn't even know how to manage back then, and I wanted to even out the curl so that the bottom layers and the roots were curlier.

I don't know yet what my hair is sensitive to and what it likes.

I guess that's all there is to say for now... Oh yeah- I don't have an established routine, but at the moment I use Tresemme Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner, Tresemme Curl Hydration Lotion, and sometimes Matrix curl.life Spiral Spray. Sometimes I use VitaminShampoo and VitaminConditioner, which you'd think would be nice since it's sulfate-free and all that, but I've only used it once since my perm, since it seems to give my hair that squeaky feeling when it's wet.
goldilocks036 is offline   Reply With Quote