That's a very helpful link; thank you for posting it.

However, unless I missed it, the article didn't mention any tips for working with your hair's texture. She did mention how using the wrong type of products for your texture can affect things. Does anyone have any resources on what kind of products and care should be given to each of the hair textures?

I did the strand test. The first time I did it, the hair felt pretty smooth. So I did it a few more times to see if I was missing anything (haha). After a few swipes, it looked a little more roughed up. So I'm guessing I have normal to high porosity. Now I just need to know what to do with that little piece of information.
3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew