I had to keep a food diary to learn my food triggers. My biggest trigger turned out to be aspertame. If I were guessing, I would think it was the hot dog...they're a known trigger.

Now, I only eat organic meats and I rarely get migraines. I used to get 8-9 a month and now usually have one right before I start my period. Alchohol is another big one for me. Unlike most people, red wine is the only thing that doesn't give me a headache.

I hope your DD gets these under control. They can be very debilitating and non-migraine sufferers are not very understanding.... A MIGRAINE IS NOT A HEADACHE...it's a total body experience.

I know you didn't ask, but here's some helpful info..

I take Aleve with my Amerge (same family as Imitrex).

If you daughter gets nauseous and vomits, she take phenegren. It knocks you out, but at that point, that's what you need.

I can only take the Aleve/Amerge combo twice in a 24 hour period. If I'm still in pain, I take fioricet, a prescription painkiller.

If the above doesn't work and the migraine won't go away, the doctor can give you steroids in an emergency. I once had a migraine for seven days...this was the only thing that got rid of it.