View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
Poodlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Me? View Post
I was diagnosed with migraines when I was 14, but remember having them occasionally for years before that. I've been on a daily prophylaxis medication since I was 14. I only get one migraine every 2-3 months now. I'm totally incapacitated for at least 6 hours up to a few days when it happens, though.

Anyway, I've been told that virtually any food can be a trigger. There are some that are more common, and some that are scientifically proven, but it can really be anthing. For instance, I can eat as much chocolate, red wine, cold cuts, and caffeine as I want and be fine. I think curry might be a trigger for me, though.

My only "known" triggers are dehydration and coming down from stress. As in, I won't get one if I'm stressed out but as soon as I relax (like after an exam, or if I've been stressed planning something as soon as that something is actually happening), I'll get one.

None of the prescrption drugs to take once you get a migraine has worked for me. Imitrex just made it worse. Excedrin Migraine with a LOT of water seems to help a bit.
This is me too. I started having them when I was 7, which is very early, because they start with puberty in most people. They stopped when I was 26, and now I rarely get them. All of my headaches are just headaches now. But I am very watchful with my own kids, because my mom had them and her mom had them, but I was the only one of 5 to get them.