View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #24
mrl234

I don't know why on earth this would make someone that angry...lol. Especially because so many of us with 2C-3A hair have waves and ringlets and such of varying tightness, it's not like there's a clear cut difference between Wavies and Curlies. People refer to my hair as curly all the time, even on its flatter, looser days where there is considerably less ringlet action, and my hair has its "wavier" days and its "curlier" days.

I agree that there's a huge difference between, say, 3C hair and 2A hair in terms of hair care, but there's a lot of overlap of types and it's a little ridiculous to insist on DEFINITE DISTINCTIONS.

What DOES bother me is when someone has fake curls in their hair and calls it "curly hair" (you find this a lot in fashion magazines and whatnot, esp when looking for updos) or if someone thinks that having a few ends flipping or one loose wave in the back (think 1B or 1C hair) is really obnoxious and "too wavy" or whatever and they complain about having to straighten it out. Just....no.

fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer