Did you know that you could massage jojoba oil into the hair and scalp and rinse with clean water?

Its oil is highly regarded as an effective conditioner, moisturizer, cleanser and softener for the skin and hair.

Ah, it's kinda like a Roman Olive Oil Bath. Neat.
Originally Posted by dimples12553
thank you for sharing this! during the time when our infant daughter had cradle cap, we didn't use a cleanser on her scalp; we rubbed olive oil onto her scalp, let it loosen up the dead skin, wiped it away with a warm bath cloth or infant brush. her scalp and hair were clean and the oil reversed the cradle cap.

i want to add that i do what is called the oil-cleansing method of cleansing my face and neck. it involves only sweet almond oil and a very warm bath cloth. i haven't washed my face with a traditional cleanser or soap in almost a year and my skin is clean and clear, so the idea of cleansing an infant's scalp with oil makes perfect sense.
Originally Posted by rainshower
I used to wash with oil around my eyes only, but I switched to using honey as the skin feels softer to me afterwards. But, maybe I'll try your method and use a lighter oil next time, lol, and maybe I';ll try it for my kids' faces.

Sorry for my thread hijacking.