So I've been relaxing for 10 years and recently decided to go curly. Well I'm noticing the diff in MY texture vs. the Relaxed texture. I have 3B curls and the relaxer pretty much takes 80% of curl out. It's so sad... Why did It take me so long to reallize that MY hair is beautiful as is, and I don't need to get relaxers in the first place? I have like 3 or 4 inches of natural hair and the rest is relaxed (shoulder length). I'm so tempted to do the BC but I just can't let go of my hair that easy. I've been wantin to grow my waist length hair back. I got it cut last July because it was really damaged. There's going to be a long road ahead of me...
Originally Posted by CurlyBlasian
I feel the same way. i am also mixed and have been wrecking my hair needlessly with perms for years and I am MAD at myself,, im about 10 months free of relaxer now and very happy with what im seeing,, I also have a waist length goal but i cant do that BC , i just dont have it in me LOL
Currently Transitioning since Sept 05 ,, hair Type 3b/c,, will NEVER relax again and I want my curls and length back!!! Armpit length in front and nearly bra strap in back, growing and loving having my natural hair back......