Hello All! I have been reading reviews on NaturallyCurly.com for about 5 years now. It never occurred to me to join - until I had an AWFUL experience with a hairstylist.
This particular stylist Convinced me to try a "D-Curl" Treatment or "Silkener" - to tame my very curly, very fine hair. She insisted it would help the broken pieces around my temple grow out - and that it would only remove the frizz not REDUCE the curl. (This was at the very end of May - the 30th actually).

Well - as you can imagine - it did reduce the curl and now it's sort of straighter on top and curly at the bottom. Most people can't see a difference, even though I feel it looks terrible!

It's funny - I never knew how much I identified with my curls - until something happened to them. Now I am so paranoid that they will never again look the same. I am anxiously awaiting my new growth - and I have vowed NEVER to touch my hair again, not even to color it (until it starts graying - but I'm only 24). The only thing I will be doing to it - is trimming it (at a great Salon I found in RI - where I live - where they cut it dry etc.)

I decided to join CurlTalk for some support! I look forward to hearing from many of you!

- Kelly