My mom has never been a fan of my hair.

I am a grown woman now (weird to say that out loud!) and people compliment my hair all the time. I love my hair. I have never wanted straight hair...

But my mom doesn't like it. I am at the point where I cannot go to my mom with any kind of problem because she'll blame my hair...(according to her, my hair is the reason I have a hard time finding jobs or boyfriends...forget the fact that the economy sucks right now and I'm in a field where I pretty much just meet gay guys...oh, no...it's all about my hair!)

The other night, we were watching my cousin's 3-year-old daughter. (My uncle had passed away that morning...even when we're in mourning...she still finds time to criticize!)

We gave her a bath and my mom was combing out her hair and blowing it out before she went to bed. (Her hair is pretty straight.)

Mom: (to me) I used to LOVE doing this to your hair...I'd comb it and blow-it out and make it SO straight and SO shiny...that's probably why you wear your hair the way you do now...because you're rebelling...

Okay, how am I rebelling by WEARING MY HAIR THE WAY IT GROWS OUT OF MY SCALP NATURALLY??????

Am I walking around with a pink mohawk?

It's SO frustrating and upsetting.

She then kept going on and on about how much she LOVES straight and shiny hair...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And it made me want to grab that little girl before she can start criticizing something about her...