The only time I felt like that afterwards was when I was too thin.
Originally Posted by mrspoppers
I think I love you.

RCW, I'm low carb, so breakfast was a big omelet with 3 meats, onions, peppers and cheese. I haven't been able to stomach a high carb breakfast in over a decade.

I feel a strange obligation to donate. I'm O- and test negative for some virus so my blood is given to babies and preemies. It's a renewable resource and it goes to something good. I can hardly hide from them; if I haven't made an appointment they call and call. Last time I gave the intake person wanted to turn me down because I hadn't eaten, then she saw that virus indicator and changed her tune quickly.
I swear, I do better when I don't eat before, which is against recommendation and counter intuitive.
Originally Posted by cynaminbear
You're CMV negative. That is not common and your blood is exta valuable.

I'm CMV negative also, and I donated for years. Then I got a false positive for Hepatitis B (which I've never had) and they won't let me donate any more. Dumb.

The only time I had a bad reaction was when I had to sprint for a train right after donating. I almost passed out. I spent the train ride with my head between my knees. Oh, that was awful.