View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #33
hmixon

I'm modified CG- low-pooing about every 4-6 days. No cones except for the water soluble ones in the styling products.

I've only been at this for two months so I can't say I have a routine down- still experimenting. But generally I am doing minimal right now since at the beginning I was trying all sorts of products all at once and never could decide what was affecting what--no scientific method at all!

So then I decided to first try to find a good low-poo and good condishes That's been my focus for the last 3 weeks. I figured once I had that I'd start experimenting with styling products.

My present routine is to co-wash or low-poo, then put some in for a leave-in and then air dry. I stopped adding stylers or even scrunching much because it caused the stringlets to get so much worse.

I did clarify and then do a DT this last weekend to see if clarifying would help clumps. No change.

For some reason as soon as I remove the water from my hair, whether by scrunching by hand or with a towel (I've tried waffle towels and flour sack towels and fake chamois) it separates.

Adding product like gel when dripping wet hasn't helped- today I may try to add product when I'm partially dry and see what that does. I don't have a regular product routine since I haven't found any that I love. At most I'll use a gel and/or mousse but mostly I don't put in any. I am waiting on an order for BB's FSG to see if that will do miracle clumps for me.

I have awful well water- hard with lots of deposits and iron, so I also rinse with distilled before my leave-in.

I live in GA where the dew point has been hovering in the teens and 20s these last few weeks.

Do you know if the texture and porosity affects clumps?

Thanks!
hmixon is offline   Reply With Quote