Definitely depends on the product. I use Prescriptives foundation because I can not find a drugstore version that is light enough for me (I am super pale, very fair skin). I also use their eyeshadow, blush and lipstick only because I really like the color, not because I think it is any better than the drugstore kind. I used drugstore versions for years but found I like the Prescriptives color array more. Mascara, lipliner, concealer, moisturizer, and eyeliner all come from the drugstore. Can't justify spending $18 or more on a liner when a $3 one works just as well.
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
I totally agree (and Rednaturalcurls, I have the same problem--I am so pale/fair that Prescriptives is the only foundation that works for me!). I use Prescriptives eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick because I get to try out the colors before I buy them. Whenever I buy those at the drugstore, I tend to find something that I think will look great, but when I get home, it looks horrible on me. But when I just need some eyeliner (black) or mascara (black), I just head to Wal-Mart, because I figure that I can't screw up the color black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianB
Southern gals rock