I'm so glad I found this site. I need a lot of help!

I have a 2.5 year old daughter with beautiful, but very fine & very curly hair. It's very hard for me to keep her hair looking nice since she often twists her hair (makes nasty knots) and she has a large spot on the back of her head that gets rubbed from pillows/carseats/etc. and thus it stays frizzy. I work very hard on her and it looks nice for about 2 hours. I know things will be easy when she's old enough to help me care for it, but I need some major advice.

Here is what I am currently doing to care for her hair (I've read the Curly Girl book). Due to time constraints, I am only able to wash her hair 2 or 3 times a week. When I wash it I only use conditioner and I comb it out with the conditioner still in it. I rinse and then put on a tresemme curl product.

On the days I don't wash, I spray with lavender water and comb though (if not too knotty) and then put on the tresemme product.

She sleeps on a satin pillow, but I just can't seem to keep her ringlets looking nice.

I am considering getting her hair cut so that at least I don't have has much hair to work with when I'm trying to get the knots out.

I'm nervous about finding someone. She has only had one haircut and that person brushed it straight and cut it in a straight line. I knew that was not the right way.

Any suggestions or resources where I can look at cute kids cuts for style ideas?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you are able to give. BTW, I don't know all the lingo yet, so some of the abbreviations confuse me.

Thanks!