So far, I like amla too. I've been intrigued by ayurveda for the past couple of months. And with some good helpful advice and encouragement from others, combined with a little reading on a couple of other forums I'm really getting to know more about these Indian powders, and am looking forward to using them for a time to come.

I'm still sporting my TWA, and do a cowash/wash and go most days of the week. Right now, I'm infusing amla into a mixture of castor/coconut/olive oils, and sleeping with it under plastic cap 2-3x weekly. I've also made a tea rinse of amla and brahmi powders and rinse with it 2-3x weekly too. My hair seems to hold its coils better (no matter how much I find my fingers a-twirling) and it feels softer too. I haven't used amla alone as a paste-type treatment (like henna or cassia) yet, maybe I'll do that next. I have tried cassia and also another mix of powders called Kalpi Tone, which has amla in it. I liked it, it was hard to get all the grit out, but I'd definitely do it again. I've done this for about a solid week now, and will do so for at least a month before I make any further evaluations.

I purchased all my stuff at a local Indian store, with the exception of the cassia.

So far so good...
Twitter!

Fotki!

BC: November 28, 2008
Tragedy Strikes: March 16, 2010...The Flat-Iron Disaster!!!

Updated (Post-Disaster) Staples:
  • Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar
  • Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
  • Roux Porosity Control Shampoo/Condish
  • V05 Moisture Milks Condish
  • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Condish
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today
  • Castor Oil & Shea Butter
  • Monthly Henna Treatments