Their views may be distasteful to some - others may not want to associate with them - but as long as those views are not doing a social injustice they are entitled to them.
Originally Posted by Amneris

Agreed. I disagree with anyone who doesn't want same sex marriage legalized, but I don't doubt their right to hold that opinion. Nor would I want to live in a society that prohibited those people from speaking their opinion. (Nor would I want to live in a society that wouldn't allow me to roll my eyes at those people and call them bigots.)

But when the government takes that opinion and makes it law, that isn't ok with me. Same sex couples having the right to marry affects no one but the same sex couples.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.