Y'all are crazy but I've noticed a lot of people dislike the beach(including most of my friends). I LOVE the beach. I'm in the water most of the time, love the water but it's gotta be good at least almost clear water I don't lay out much though unless I'm trying to nap. I like being the water most of the time. Waves are really fun too. I love the sun, and I like tanning a little(which I do easily and still need an umbrella or I get tooo dark) because I get a very nice bronze/caramel glow and it dries out my eczema and makes my skin look more like one color. The salt water is also great for my skin. My favorite is falling asleep on the beach, so relaxing. I so wish I lived closer to a beach .
Originally Posted by Josephine
me too.....although i have to slather myself in SPF 30 so i don't burn (i'm half mexican so you'd THINK i'd have enough melanin in my skin so i don't burn right off the bat, but alas, NOPE). i find myself in the water most of the time and it does do wonders for my acne and the hyperpigmentation that comes as a result....i live in So Cal so i'm near a beach but i refuse to go to the beaches here - they're FILTHY and more often than not, contaminated. but, when i lived in FL, you could catch me & my oldest son there every single Sunday, weather permitting...

also i love how the sand would lightly exfoliate the bottoms of my feet....just another perk...

but i can understand why people don't enjoy the beach...i won't go so far as to say they're crazy...we all like what we like and don't like what we don't like...
Originally Posted by Misses_Jai
Haha u know I was joking about being crazy . Yea I have to wear spf 60 or whatever the highest available is or I'll get darker than I'd like. I don't burn though, just tan. I went to San Diego last spring, it was too cold to go the beach but it didn't seem like the beaches would be that nice. Venice beach seemed okay. I still prefer the Florida beaches.