View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
CurlyCara

Default I made a homemade DT and IT was amazing.

Ok so last night I made a DT I got from Jess the mess who found it on a website. heres the recipe:

1 can coconut milk
1 banana
1 avacado
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp oil

Ive never dted and i live in a very dry climate and right now im waiting on my CG products I bought off the internet to get here. So ive only been using Suave Naturals and the Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel as hair supplies. Anyways after the dt my hait only felt a couple percent better. There was enough of the product that i froze the other portion after I put the other half on my head. I left it on for an hour and then washed it out. Like i said it wasnt all that amazing, and I didnt have amazing hair today.

Well tonight I wanted to try one more dt since I know my hair is super dry and it wouldnt hurt. I saw something about a banana mask, and decided since last nights used banana ill use banana again. Anyways here is my recipe :

1 overripe banana
2 TBSPs Honey
1 1/2 TBSPs Olive Oil
1 TBSPs Mayo
1/4 cup coffee
Conditioner (enough to make it however thick you want)

Make sure the banana is liquified, you dont want banana chunks in your hair. Also I added the coffee because I heard that coffee and caffeine did great things for your skin, I figured it could your hair too.
Anyways I left it on for an hour, and when I got in the shower I could already tell it was super soft. I rinsed it out, and it was incredibly soft, and as I went to comb the knots out I realized I didnt have any. I am incredibly happy with this DT.

What do you think? If you try it how did it work for you?

LOVE CurlyCara
Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
updated 04/29/2009
CurlyCara is offline   Reply With Quote