Just looking for something simple that holds a toddler girl's hair in pigtails well and isn't damaging, if that's at all possible. Clips typically slip out easily, while elastic scrungies need to be wrapped too tightly to hold hair together. My 2 year old toddler girl, who has very, very short frizzy ringlets, could use something in her hair so that she will look more like a girl than a boy AND possibly wear protective styles at the same time in hope of growing her hair longer and healthier.

It's been a struggle....REAL STRUGGLE to this point and her hair seems like it hasn't grown since last summer. But of course, she didn't really have any hair on her head until last summer since she was born bald.

I'm getting desperate for an answer. Even though her hair is short, I can put two tiny pigtails in her hair. BUT, I would like to be able to do it without hurting her by trying to tighten those scrunci wraparound elastics (ex: http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/d=Scu...atin_Elastics/). And like I said, clips slip out too easily, especially if they are plastic (and, forget the metal ones since I know they are damaging). Is there any hope at all?