I have always *****ed about my hair (too curly, too thick, too frizzy). Then when I had the alopecia I VOWED to just embrace it if it would just stop falling out (I had 2 quarter size bald patches and 1 that was about 3x1.5 PLUS diffuse loss throughout).

You dont know what ya got til its gone! That awakening came about 6 months before finding this site. Timing is everything!
Originally Posted by rudeechick
I bet! I used to despise how much hair I have. It's hard to tame because it's fine and when I get it cut I always get remarks about how much of it I have. I have yet to find anyone with hair like mine--you all have such nice, sleek curls in comparison. Maybe it's just because you've all been CG for a lot longer.

It used to depress me that there was so much gray but after losing so much hair after having both of my children I realized that going gray is fine with me. I had two almost bald patches in the front over each eyebrow. I'd rather that over losing my hair any day!
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden