View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #42
whatsercurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post
I have always *****ed about my hair (too curly, too thick, too frizzy). Then when I had the alopecia I VOWED to just embrace it if it would just stop falling out (I had 2 quarter size bald patches and 1 that was about 3x1.5 PLUS diffuse loss throughout).

You dont know what ya got til its gone! That awakening came about 6 months before finding this site. Timing is everything!
I bet! I used to despise how much hair I have. It's hard to tame because it's fine and when I get it cut I always get remarks about how much of it I have. I have yet to find anyone with hair like mine--you all have such nice, sleek curls in comparison. Maybe it's just because you've all been CG for a lot longer.

It used to depress me that there was so much gray but after losing so much hair after having both of my children I realized that going gray is fine with me. I had two almost bald patches in the front over each eyebrow. I'd rather that over losing my hair any day!
The back of your hair looks very similar to mine only you have no weird clumpage.

And yes, it was probably 6 weeks of CG before I noticed any really marked improvements but it was last summer that I had my big breakthrough. Only washing and conditioning once a week by necessity made me realize I was conditioning and doing my hair too often. I'm much happier with it now and I'm closing in on 2 yrs of CG. Lots of experimentation and reading to get me here.

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
whatsercurl is offline   Reply With Quote