Most of us want at least some layers to release the curl and help them spring up better, as well as to avoid having pyramid shaped hair. Keeps the weight of the hair from pulling curl out and keeps the top from being so flat. Dries faster, too.

Needs to be cut by someone who understands curly hair so that they cut even, graduated layers without creating "shelves" in it, whether it's cut wet or dry.
Originally Posted by auntnett
I totally agree!! A good layered haircut can make a huge difference in your hair. A bad layered haircut, however, can ruin it. My last haircut, she swore she could cut curly hair. She layered it way too short and they're uneven and choppy. Shelves, steps, rows, whatever you want to call it, that's what it is. And with the shortest layers being so short, my hair just 'fros out.

Unfortunately, that's why it's soo hard for us to find good hairstylists!
Originally Posted by tinah
So true! I think we've all been there at one time or another. I was just last summer, which is part of the reason I'm so short right now - getting rid of old highlights and correcting the layers from that cut.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett