Unless there's a return policy you might want to see if you can get a sample from the swap boards. The stuff didn't work for me at all. My hair hates aloe and I didn't realize it was in it until I tried it and it didn't work.

It's pretty different from a gel although I haven't used the Giovanni one specifically.
Originally Posted by whatsercurl
I think Kathymack would probably have a sample she could send you, try contacting her.

I got my first tub sometime in February, I think. I use it every day, my hair is a chin-level bob, and I have about 3/4 of a jar left. But I don't use it alone as a gel, either. I do little dollops of it mixed with ArcAngell all over my head.

Also, another thing to account for with me is that you can't go by just looking at my jar itself - one of the first things I did was scooped up a generous amount of it into a little plastic travel sized jar for the weekends when I'm out at my boyfriend's place.
CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
Hair Type - 3A.
Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.