Ok. Lets see if I can describe:

Section 1 is the section at the nape of the neck. I personally go from ear to ear.

Section 2 & 3 are the side sections. I personally draw a line from my temple back to the part that I did for section 1.

Section 4 is the crown area.

Section 5 is the front and center section.

I go from 1-5. I section only after I have LI in my hair. Then I take section 1 and mix my KCCC and curl creme or just my KCCC and add it a section at a time. I personally use a shower brush (I guess i might be a scalp brush. In any event, its a goody plastic brush that fits in my palm). I then section using the Ouidad rake and shake method. It works for me. For that I just run my fingers from root to tips to separate my curls, and before my fingers slide out, I hold the tips of my hair and gently shake to make sure they are separate. Then I scrunch.

If that seems like too much manipulation of your hair, you can just use your method of distribution of product.

The sectioning thing is the only thing that has ever worked in my thick hair to get product everywhere.

Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey