What's working for me right now is Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets and Confident Coils Styling Solution with Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel over it. I like the Set me up gel because it has a strong hold, and I usually do my hair at night and don't wash that frequently.

For 2nd and 3rd day hair, I spray some Jessicurl Awe Inspiralling into my hands and smooth and scrunch--that's about it usually. If it's not looking so good, or seems really tangly, I rake my fingers through. I don't brush. I haven't tried this combo in the summer yet, so we'll see how it holds up later.

Another combo that has worked for me in the past is Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme (this has dimethicone) with the Set Me Up gel. Especially when I diffuse. Diffusing seems to give my curls more bounce but can cause a bit of frizz. I only diffuse for 10-20 minutes so it's only partially dry, because that's all I have the patience/energy for. I don't follow the directions in the SCC, I use it as I use most products, smoothing and scrunching (no raking, twirling, etc). Except you do have to rub it between your hands first (as the directions say) because it's a wierd consistency. HTH

~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
Curl Type: 3a Fii
Current Favorites:
  • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
  • Jessicurl Confident Coils
  • Rockin Ringlets, and
  • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel