View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
jillipoo

Thanks for asking this, RozettaStone. It gives me a chance to explain.

Emollients to me had always been just "blah" ingredients. They made my hair soft but they didn't seem to do anything beyond that and so I considered them "empty."

Of course, at the time, I didn't realize that I felt this way because my fine, porous hair craved protein and mere emollients were never going to deliver that "oomph" that my hair needed!

So, no, there is nothing wrong with emollients or fatty acids. If you read Tiffany's blog post on hair texture, you'll see that emollients are fantastic for thick/coarse hair. And while every conditioner should have some, finer-haired curlies like me didn't need them in abundance or need conditioners that were only emollients.

Unfortunately, I didn't know any of this when I wrote that post.

So, with your new-found love of fatty alcohols, is it safe to say that your hair is on the coarse/thick side?
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
jillipoo is offline   Reply With Quote