I like how wave = ringlet and bantu knots = new style.

This thread is making me excited - you all have no idea how much time I've spent turning green watching youtube videos of naturals styling their hair in twists or bantu knots or just in a wash 'n go...which, of course, I'd have to devote 8 hours with a rat tail comb and flat iron to have, lol. But someday, some miraculously free day, I'm gonna do it, I just know it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of whether the hair would stay in the twists - I have randomly basically done a two-strand twist in my dry hair before just playing and it stayed until I took it out, but I'm thinking wet hair w/ moisturizing product in it may not want to so much. I want to do small twists, though, so I don't know what I'd use to tie the ends if I needed to - I have old orthodontia bands but they completely defeat the purpose of a protective style. I don't suppose there are any gentle fabric-covered hair ties in such a small size?

And I so wish I could rock bantu knots without looking like I belonged at a Sci-Fi convention or something. Le sigh.
Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla

Hehehe you're not a thread maimer or killer Sasparilla. I was going to post something else but I didn't know if anyone was interested. Plus I kind of hijacked this thread. I think you should try some twists on wet hair. Yeah I suppose looser curls might not like to stay together but I'm sure you can find some hair ties that have fabric over them. Like you said, no rubber bands, especially if you plan on keeping them in for awhile. The second blogger seems like she sells her own line of hair bands called punky munkey but honestly you could probably find those in any hair store. Plus they look kind of kiddish.

Anywho make sure and post any results you get if you do decide to try some twists/twist outs or some bantus/ knot outs. Yeah bantus as style are definitely not for everyone but one day I will get the courage to wear them out.

I think this should become the official thread for anyone who wants to post their twist/braid/knot out photos.

Oh yeah I kinda scratched my head whenever she was trying to talk about some waves being ringlets.

My Fotki