I have a goofy ritual that I do, and I never really planned for it to be a ritual, but it has become one.

When I get home from work, I put my hair up on the top of my head with a scrunchie -- I look like Pebbles of Flintstone fame. But before I put it up, I pour about a quarter-size of coconut or avocado oil in my hands, rub it to warm it up, and smooth it into my hair, concentrating on the bottom half more than roots. I scrunch a little, too, just to make sure it gets into all those nooks and crannies of my hair.

I sleep with it like that. It isn't pretty when I wake up in the morning but it's out of my face (which is liberating) and it's softer.

I don't use more than that amount, though, or conditioner only won't be enough to remove it.

Sometimes I will use shea butter instead. Depends on my mood and how dry my hair looks that day. Shea butter is the heaviest of my options.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo