View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
CanItBeChristine

We had a MAJOR fight the other day.

She lives in another state, and I haven't seen her since I started this thread.

I was feeling a little down...a lot of my close girl friends are paired off, I don't have people to hang-out with on weekends, and I made the HORRIBLE mistake of confiding ANYTHING in her.

Somehow?

She managed to use it as a chance to attack my hair.

It was basically...

"Your hair is the root (no pun intended) of all your problems. Your hair is the reason you don't have a boyfriend. Your hair is the reason you don't have friends to hang out with on the weekends. Your hair is the reason you can't hold-down a job."

She said WOMEN aren't supposed to have long curly hair.

(Ummmm?)

Everybody compliments my hair. My hair is my favorite feature. I have a bit of a Samson complex, I NEED my hair. I love my hair. Isn't that enough?

Strangers stop me to compliment me about it on the street...doesn't that say something?

I told her that everybody else seems to be okay with me and the way I look but her. "The NEXT time you come to me with your problems, go talk to your little friends who tell you you're beautiful and that they like your hair instead of someone who is going to be honest with you because they care about you."

I kept telling her that "I" like my hair, and that SHOULD be all that matters, and I feel if it ain't broke, don't fix it...she then said:

"Then I guess you're perfect and all your problems can just be blamed on everybody else around you."

(I NEVER SAID THAT! BUT WHY SHOULD IT BE BLAMED ON MY HAIR? MY HAIR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! I NEVER ASKED FOR ADVICE OR SHOWED ANY UNHAPPINESS WITH MY HAIR!)

I'm so upset. So upset I just want her to stop.
CanItBeChristine is offline   Reply With Quote