View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
RozettaStone

I'm a wavy with long, heavy, thick hair, so it's very hard for my weak curl pattern to hold up overnight. But I will rarely clean or wet down my hair more than three times a week so I've learned to live with my second- and third-day hair.

Some days I get lucky and I can refresh it enough to wear it down. Others, I'll revive as best as I can but pin back the top front bits (the long grown-out bangs). Or I'll do a half-up/half-down. Or I'll put it up in a bun or other kind of twist or knot. When it's hot, or when I'm working out, I have to do this anyway. I'm starting to play with more pins, forks, and hair sticks now, and enjoying all the different looks.

Also, if it's dirty or giving me problems, I'll oil it with jojoba or coconut oil and comb through gently. This way I can get straight, smooth hair, which I put into two long braids, wearing them down or coiled up on my head. I like this look a lot, too, and it gives me a nice DT. I'll sleep on it and clean in the morning.

So far, any gel that holds my hair well enough to keep my curls for a second day has been just too drying or otherwise icky for my hair. But I'll keep experimenting.
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
RozettaStone is offline   Reply With Quote