This is an interesting forum! My hair is very dry (porous)-I call it EDH (extra dry hair). I know this because after I towel dry: winter-two hours to dry; summer-30 minutes; humid summer-one hour. That's all without twisting.

As far as ingredients, it depends on the ingredients and the order they're in on the label. For example, when it comes to conditioning (and deep conditioning) my hair, the first five ingredients need to be these:Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulphate, Stearly alcohol, and Cetrimonium Chloride. Now, with Aubrey Organics products, I'm not sure about their label. I use their conditioners with wonderful results. Their ingredients' label is: Coconut Fatty acid Cream Base, Organice Aloe vera, Wheat Germ Oil, then it varies from there.

As far as styling products, the ingredients can vary.

The question I have is: why do these ingredients work for my hair, and not just herbs or oils? I would love to know the reason!
Originally Posted by Greatcurls
Coconut Fatty Acid Cream base is often cetearyl alcohol. I think Aubrey is a bit intentionally deceptive in this because the former looks a lot more "organic: than the latter.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.