Found real Mayo to be the perfect product for dry finger detangling. Helped unravel my little cousins' matted hair roots and knots. I only do this as a pre-wash and on dry hair. I lightly coat my fingers in mayo, very light coating to were there is a thin oil film presence but no whiteness and no greasiness, and then I proceed to finger detangle. When I come across a nasty knot or mess of tangles or matted roots I take small amount of mayo, gently massage it into the hair and then gently massage out the knot or tangle. Then, I twist up that hair section. After detangling, I proceed with our wash method.

I basically found that I cannot detangle on wet hair with condish or with detangling sprays (as none of the sprays worked as well I needed them to work, tho eventually I could use them on dry hair). Detangling with condish made our hair way too curly and ends would tangle more. So, I just do the conditioner as part of the styling step when I want the curls to pop.
RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC

Last edited by madhuri_dixit_fan; 05-21-2009 at 10:37 AM.