Oh good grief.... I've been on these boards for nearly a year, and one of my curly goals all along has been volume for my very fine 3B hair. I've plopped, clipped, diffused, pineappled (thought after a certain length it's more like weeping-willowed), tried countless product combinations.... all with limited success.

Innyhoo, felt lazy yesterday so instead of my usual routine of cowash+rinse-out+leave-in+gel+plop+clip roots+diffuse, I detangled and rinsed my hair completely of condish, then plopped my product-free hair for five minutes while dressing, then let it air dry and forgot about it while I made dinner. Imagine my shock, then, when I looked in a mirror two hours later to see airy but fairly defined curls with almost too much volume! All I did at that point was smooth a minimal amount of Aloe Fix and water over the canopy and underside, which tamed frizzies and made the curls *pop*!!!

Okay, seriously?!?!?! All along, this was all I had to do?! Tried again today, the only thing I did differently was leave in some KBB Nectar and clip the roots to encourage root curl, and I'm pretty sure this is the best my hair has ever looked and felt at this length!

Moral of the story: Sometimes, simplicity really is best!
http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
I LOVE HENNA!