To the podcast question: I didn't want to have music going while I got used to running in the first place, because I've always had problems regulating and timing my breathing with my strides. So I found a podcast for C25k that has no music. It's completely silent except for vocal cues to switch gears, from running to walking. Now that I'm getting a bit further along in the program, I've learned my stride and my breathing pretty well, and I don't know that I could have done that with techno pounding along.

As for my own progress, I usually start weeks of the program on Fridays, but this past Friday was pouring rain and I don't have any gear that would have made me visible enough on the country roads where I run for it to be safe. So I bumped D1 of W4 to yesterday. I was terrified of it, but sure enough, it was actually easier than W3 was!! I almost (almost) enjoyed it. I felt fantastic when I got home, though, and my husband is super proud of me. (I think I've mentioned before, he's a runner, always has been, and I've never been. He's really excited to see me getting involved in this.)
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.