"I'd say I was a 2b/c except that I have a lot of very fine hair and 2b/c have a medium to coarse texture. I really couldn't decide what i was."

This was the statement from which I made that comment. I didn't mean your curl type--I meant that your hair was across the board. Since different ingredient types are recommended for various textures, it's hard to make specific recommendations when you're reporting fine, medium and coarse hair texture. You probably want to target the texture that's predominant and go from there.

Recommendations are only generalizations. Everyone's hair responds differently, but the generalizations are a place to start. So there is a lot of trial and error, experimentation while you're getting to know what works for you. Sorry it's been so frustrating.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC