I see what you mean now. I haven't looked at the typing system for a while. But no, it is wrong. You can't say they have "this" textured hair because they have "this" type of curl. It is ridiculous.
My hair proves it wrong because I am 2c/3a with fine hair and some medium smooth textured strands. My hair is not thick either. It is normal density, bordering on thin. My sisters hair also proves it wrong. She has 2a/2b hair and it is very thick in density with medium smooth hair and some fine strands.

You have to be careful with fine hair. It can get weighed down quite easily and styling creams are generally heavier than gels. You will just have to try and see.
Aloe Vera gel doesn't give me a lot of hold.
One thing you may want to try is Flax Seed Gel (No-fail flax seed gel - I finally did it...TWICE!
I have found that the easiest way to strain it is to put the flax seeds in a tea ball and put it into the pot, when it is done you take the tea ball out rinse it off and store it in the fridge. You can use the flax seeds 2-3 more times).
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer