Namun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariag002 View Post
Hello ladies!

Our thread has been featured on CurlyNikki.com's blog! Here is the article:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/06/re...sitioners.html

And here is a post from someone that I thought made a great valid point

Quote:
This is a great labor of love Maria. Thanks! Although, I believe there is a wrong way to transition if the necessary care is not put into the transition (hence: lack of proper moisturizing and deep conditioning, excess heat, etc.) I didn't know a lot of this stuff when I was transitioning. Actually, when I grew out my relaxed hair, I didn't even know the term 'transitioning' is what it was called when growing out the chemically altered hair to natural hair. i just knew I didn't want anymore relaxers. I grew my relaxed hair the wrong way because at the time I wasn't aware of the wealth of info out there that supported the process. Now I have healthy hair but suffered unnecessary breakage due to lack of knowledge on proper hair care. So I definitely believe there is a WRONG way. Thanks for the great resource for us that have been through it and still need help and those of us that are beginning.
Grats on your Curly Nikki feature! I read it this morning and your pictures are very nice. Your curls are awesome Maria. Thanks again for this thread.
Namun is offline   Reply With Quote