View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #20
dactyl

This is such a great idea - thanks! I'm really new to this site and incredibly overwhelmed with the information. I've been CG on and off for a few years now, but suddenly my hair is not curling at all, just frizzing. I'm going to see a new stylist that was recommended on this site pretty highly on Wednesday and I don't really know what to tell him. My current routine is clearly not working and my curls look nothing like what they did a year ago. I think I want to get it mostly cut off, but I'm afraid of it being too short if/when the curls re-appear.

Also, can anyone give me suggestions for what to ask to determine a better routine? I know I need to ask about density, texture, porosity, elasticity and overall health - anything I'm missing? Will he be able to tell how my hair reacts to things like protein, silicones, etc. just from working with it? I've been trying to figure this stuff out based on the threads here and am incredibly confused...so I'm hoping he'll just tell me.

CG since 2006, off and on.
Routine:
DevaCurl No-poo once or twice a week
DevaCurl One Condition
That's it. No coloring, straightening or blow drying in several years.

dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote