First run today in non-cotton (mostly breathable/wicking polyester), in slightly cooler weather (when I left it was 76 out) and took an augmented route (lots of hills but none of them steep) and man, did I ever CRUSH IT. I feel great again!! And finally ready to move on to W5. I did W4 5 times. I tried different routes but between the cotton and the heat I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Now I"m DONE with W4 and moving on!! A girlfriend wants to run with me on Tuesday morning, so I'll have good motivation.

ETA that I finally got my pace ffor the entire run (including all the walking) under 13 minutes!! w00t!!
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.

Last edited by MichelleBFT; 06-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.