which one from CV did you use? I ordered a sample of the clay and mud shampoo bar and the rosemary mint SB, was it one of those?

is a ACV rinse always needed after using a SB?
Originally Posted by dailywavy
The one I used had honey in the name, I think the other was the rosemary mint. It was such a horrible experience, I'd have to look at the website to see what it was (it was last Sept) because I've tried to block it! My hair was really terrible--took it a while to recover. Because they use similar ingredients in their soaps (castor oil in all of them which my hair hates)--I just gave them away instead of chancing another catastrophe with the rosemary mint.

The purpose of an acid rinse is to restore pH balance to hair--soap is alkaline, hair is acid. It also flattens the cuticle. The last few times, I add a little of the Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Rinse to my rinse out conditioner. When I tested the rinse, it was VERY STRONGLY ACIDIC according to my test strips. Thought that would be enough.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams