NOT Burt's Bees IMO - I use Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo all the time and don't find it drying, even though it's maybe their most clarifying formula, but Burt's Bees made mine feel stripped and awful.

I also sometimes use Theraneem shampoo, and it's very gentle. It just makes my hair a little too soft to use all the time.

If I didn't need the tea tree or neem oil for my scalp, I'd probably usually use Terax Collagene most of the time - it's very gentle. Pricey, although it takes little and lasts me a long time, and I don't know of anywhere you can buy it locally. I got it from drugstore.com/beauty.com. based on recommendations/reviews on makeupalley.com. As you can tell by the name, it has protein, but I think they have other formulations that don't.

Alternatively, I might try harder to find a 'poo bar that I really like.

Off topic, Auntie Bubbs, how do you use Manipulator? On wet or dry hair? Just curious since you say it's your HG . . . .

ETA: Oops, I forgot this is supposed to be about organic shampoos - I don't think Terax is, although it has a lot of natural ingredients and is better than most commercial 'poos.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Last edited by auntnett; 07-28-2009 at 02:25 PM.