06-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Before going natural I wore my relaxed hair in curly styles most of the time which is why I felt I was destined to go natural and fully embraced the transition process.
Anyhow, I would typically wear dry braidouts that lasted for several days. I would start with freshly washed/conditioned/blow dried hair and then put on a little hair dressing and then section my hair and spritz each subsection to be braided with 1/3 setting lotion (Lottabody I think its called) and 2/3 water. My hair is fine so it didn't take heavy products to get a good set. I would braid the length leaving 1 to 2 inches unbraided that I would put an end wrap on and then wrap around a small perm rod or one of those soft fabric rollers works just as well to curl/spiral the ends. I would let this stay overnight and remove in the morning, apply a little serum and HAND STYLE/FLUFF my hair. At night I would put my hair up on top of my head ( who knew back then that this was called a pineapple ). This lasted several days and when it started looking wild I would smooth it all up into a big azz poof on the top pf my head (hence I got the nickname "Pebbles"). That was my cold weather routine.
In the summer I wore my relaxed hair in a wash-n-go style. I used conditioner, specifically the original formula Mizani Moisturefuse, and would diffuse and scrunch my hair. I don't know if this worked well for me because of my hair texture and the fact that it didn't take much to relax my hair as well as the fact that I HATED getting my hair relaxed so I only got it done like every 3 months.
Also an alternative to braidouts is getting a rod set or a straw set. With primarily relaxed, non-curly/kinky hair, I don't recommend twists as unless you have the curl pattern to sustain them, they will unravel.
Hope that helps.
Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
- Oils: EVOO,Watermelon Seed,Argan, Coconut
- Cleanse: CD Monoi Repairing Shampoo, Soultanicals Honey I Shrunk the Frizz Poo Bar
- Detangle/RO: Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip
- LI: DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip
- DC: Crece Pelo,MJ Super Sweetback
- PT: CJ Repair Me,Smooth Naturals Strengthen
- Style: CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, CRN Almond Jai Twist Butter, WetLine Xtreme Gel,Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
- Moisturize: DN Whipped Amla Frosting,CoN Argan Oil Perfect 7