12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Hello from your new chief CurlTalk Admin!
Hi CurlTalk family!
Evelyn Ngugi here! I just wanted to hop on the boards and formally introduce myself. You may have read Gretchenís announcement
about my shift into the chief CurlTalk administrator + Community Manager role.
Thanks for the kind words, Gretchen! Iím so excited to have this opportunity to connect with you all. The wealth of information and curl-positive encouragement is an invaluable resource Ė there has yet to be a question I canít get answered on here! Very thankful for all of you.
A little bit about me:
- My familyís Kenyan. In case you were wondering about the last name.
- You can call me Evelyn, Eve, E, or The Kenyan With the Slowest Mile Time. I respond to all. Lol
- Raised in the Southern U.S. (Louisiana & Texas in the house?)
- Addicted to sweet tea, Breaking Bad, and natural hair Youtube videos.
- Type 4a/4b. Jherri curl-ish when wet, and practically shrinks back to my big chop length! Comical, but wouldnít trade it for the world.
- Fine hair beware! Donít like heavy products or gels.
- Thinner hair than average, especially when stretched. Put me in check when my thick hair envy is showing!
- Long term transitioner (1 year). 3 years post mini-big chop.
- Minimalist with my hair products. 4+ products on my counter makes me nervous! Got love for product junkies though. No judgement here!
- Go-to style: Twist & Curl. Shout out to CurlyNikki.
Thatís a nice start, right? As Gretchen said, this transition will take a few weeks, and youíll notice both of us posting. Once I get my CurlTalk chops, Iíll be flying solo! Many thanks to Gretchen for everything sheís done.
Talk to y'all soon!
sky-high hair is the motive.
i love my medusa coils.
Fine (nawwmean? heh.)